UCO Invites Students To 'Live Central' With A Week Of Events To Promote On-Campus Housing
March 27, 2013
Media Contact: Tabbi Burwell, Sales and Marketing Coordinator Housing and Dining, University of Central Oklahoma, 405-974-2715, firstname.lastname@example.org
UCO INVITES STUDENTS TO ‘LIVE CENTRAL’ WITH A WEEK OF EVENTS TO PROMOTE ON-CAMPUS HOUSING
University of Central Oklahoma’s Housing and Dining Department will promote the benefits of living on campus throughout its Live Central Week April 1-5, engaging students with prizes, food, and parties.
Themed “Home Sweet Home,” Live Central Week gives current residents and other UCO students the opportunity to sign up for campus housing before incoming freshmen enroll.
When a student completes the UCO Housing and Dining contract, he or she is entered to win prizes, including one year of free housing, a free one-year meal plan, a flat screen TV, an XBOX 360, an iPad mini, a MacBook, and a Kindle HD.
Live Central Week will wrap up with a free, public concert featuring “My So Called Band,” a local 90’s music cover band, in front of Buddy’s cafeteria from 8 to 9:30 p.m. on April 4. There will also be a light up dance floor, a light show, free snow cones, a photo booth, and self-purchased food from Big Truck Tacos. The winners of all the prizes will be announced during the concert.
To sign up for on-campus housing, students should complete a 2013-14 housing contract by logging on to the student-portal UCONNECT and clicking the “MyHousing” tab. Priority sign-up dates include:
- Monday, April 1 - Current University Commons Apartment residents wishing to remain in the same room for 2013-14.
- Tuesday, April 2 - Current on-campus residents wishing to remain in the same room for 2013-14.
- Wednesday, April 3 - Current on-campus residents wishing to remain in the same hall, but different room for 2013-14.
- Thursday, April 4 - Current on-campus residents can select from available rooms in any hall.
- Friday, April 5 - Any current UCO student can sign up to live on-campus.
- Monday, April 8 - Incoming freshman can sign up for on-campus housing.
For more information contact Central’s Housing and Dining office at 405-974-2746 or visit http://www.uco.edu/housing.